We believe the wealth management industry is broken. It has become a commodity that focuses on numbers alone – how much and by when – and it is fast being challenged by software and robo-advisors.
At JOYN, we’ve invested a decade developing a new wealth management model – Behavioral Wealth Management. This model recognizes that money matters; it’s just not all that matters. Traditional wealth management focuses on numbers alone, not necessarily on helping clients understand how to use ALL of their resources (rather than just their money) to navigate critical life decisions. Our model combines expertise in wealth management, the science of stress & decisions, life event experience, and passion for “the human factor.” This allows us to guide clients through personal & professional decisions — especially stressful and expensive life challenges — and empowers our clients to build a truly exceptional life.
If you are tired of exclusively having money-focused conversations that ignore your clients’ life circumstances, passions, and desires for a more meaningful and joyful life, consider joining our team as we seek to revolutionize the wealth management world.
REPORTS TO: Executive VP, Client Experience & Operations
MISSION OF A JOYN SENIOR FINANCIAL ADVISOR
Grow firm revenue via relationship building with qualified prospects and help existing clients make better decisions for themselves while serving as brand ambassador.
- Generate new clients with an annual recurring revenue minimum of $150,000 and a minimum of 5 clients.
- Deliver, with the JOYN team, a complete Behavioral Wealth Management client experience. Success will be measured with two metrics. The first metric is that clients respond positively to an annual survey asking if JOYN helped them make a better life decision during the prior 12 months. The second is that the advisor will have a 97% or greater client retention.
- On an ongoing basis, positively participate in and contribute to output of one to two JOYN forums (teams, committees, advisory councils, etc.) to increase sales and / or enhance Behavioral Wealth Management delivery
- Community – Help build JOYN’s Behavioral Wealth Management Community by driving attendance of clients, centers, and prospects to JOYN workshops.
ROLE-BASED COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Achievement Motivation – Demonstrates a strong desire to succeed, a focus on goals and a spirit of constructive competitiveness
- Emotional Intelligence – Empathizes with and understands the emotions and motivations that underlie human behavior (i.e., how well one reads other people and him/herself)
- Persuasion – Demonstrates ability to persuade others to pursue a course of action
- Closing – Demonstrates ability to close the sale
- Resilience – Functions effectively even when faced with rejection or stressful situations
- Accountability – Views oneself as responsible for his/her own success or failure to a great degree
- Sourcing – Demonstrates ability to generate new qualified leads
- Intelligence – Quickly learns, understands, and absorbs new information
CULTURE-BASED COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Honesty / Integrity – Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Communicating Effectively – Seeks first to understand, then to be understood. Listens intentionally & clarifies understanding. Presents information in a crisp, easily understood manner with the intended audience in mind.
- Demonstrating Adaptability – Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude in response to stressful situations. Embraces change and acts as change champion for teammates and organization.
- Proactivity – Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company. Looks for ways to be of assistance to team members when their workload is heavy.
- Personal Credibility – Demonstrates concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy. Does what he or she commits to doing. Carries fair share of the workload. Takes responsibility for own mistakes. Conveys command of relevant facts and information.
- Teamwork – Understands the importance of achieving team goals and contributes/initiates solutions. Demonstrates a cooperative spirit and contributes to a positive and supportive work environment. Supportive of team decisions and trusted by others.
Intrigued? Let us know via the form at the top of this page!
JOYN 2018 0015 – DOFU 2/2018