WE BELIEVE CAREGIVING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT TOPIC WE AREN’T DISCUSSING IN OUR SOCIETY.
So after 2 years of research & testing, we’re pleased to invite you, your family members and friends to discover how a topic laden with fear and dread can become a far more positive, loving time in our lives.
ALL TOO OFTEN, IT HAPPENS SUDDENLY
A parent, spouse (or you!) falls or gets sick. What might seem like a routine hospital visit turns into something far more serious – a diagnosis that could require specialized care, a move from the family home, caregiving by professionals and/or family – and a great deal of stress for all involved. And our society is SORELY UNPREPARED to deal with this problem thanks to a “perfect storm” of trends:
- THE AGING OF AMERICA – 10,000 baby boomers reach retirement every day!
- THE PROJECTED GROWTH OF ALZHEIMER’S and other forms of dementia (complicating caregiving)
- SKYROCKETING FINANCIAL AND MEDICAL COSTS (often extraordinary and complex) that can shock families in any financial bracket
- EMOTIONAL, PHYSICAL, MENTAL, RELATIONSHIP & FINANCIAL DAMAGE that the caregiver and family typically suffer
- THE LACK OF PLANNING that can make an enormous difference in this season of life. In our society, talking about death and dying is taboo. So we avoid the inevitable until a crisis hits. But our failure to plan can have serious consequences: families are often forced to make life-or-death decisions about what their elderly/senior loved ones would have wanted only to find that some desired options are no longer available.
IS THERE A BETTER WAY TO HANDLE IT ALL?
YES! This caregiving workshop may be the first of its kind to address caregiving through a multi-faceted framework that focuses on the financial, relational, personal, AND logistical challenges caregivers face.
- Caring for an elderly parent can permanently impair your family’s finances, but it doesn’t have to.
- Caregiver challenges can damage family relationships OR strengthen family ties for generations.
- Caregiving can be a time of great stress, fear and regret. Or it can be a time of love, compassion and respect … a time in which loved ones feel valued … a time when families come together and say goodbye in the best possible way.
- Caregiving can be an arduous time with no happy ending. Or it can be a special time filled with gifts for your loved one, the caregiver, and your family.
SOUND TOO ASPIRATIONAL?
Well, in this caregiving workshop, we’ll tackle the FIRST STEPS to help you see new possibilities for caregivers and families. This discussion can serve as a catalyst for you and your family to begin talking about these issues NOW – before some event thrusts you into crisis mode with little preparation, experience, or guidance.
Since this workshop is interactive, we also hope you’ll meet others who are sharing similar experiences and could become part of your caregiver support network.
NEED HELP NOW? WE’LL ALSO PROVIDE SPECIFIC ACTION ITEMS AND CAREGIVER RESOURCES YOU CAN USE RIGHT AWAY.
Every participant will receive a “caregiver toolkit” full of resources, to-do lists, priorities, tips, and other materials that can help you navigate those “WHAT DO I DO RIGHT NOW???” questions. We’ve spent two years (so far) curating the information in this caregiver toolkit and we’re confident that you’ll find valuable information and ideas among those pages.
PLUS: Here’s a resource you can download right now:
We encourage you to invite your family members and friends, since this topic touches everyone and planning is so crucial.
We’ve listed the workshop topics and audiences who may be most interested in the sections below.