In today’s world, it’s essential that your wealth management firm understands the tax, investment, and planning issues involved during major life events. We can guide you through the choices and help you understand their impact on your life goals, finances, and priorities.
– David Geller CEO & Co-Founder
Self-reported stress during major life events
New to You, Not to Us
When you face stressful decisions about life, career, and family, your body can actually work against you. Fortunately, we address that problem with Behavioral Wealth Management. For example, our team deals with these events on a regular basis, so we can help illuminate the unknowns and latest options that can cause anxiety for you and your family. We can also give you the context to understand your choices. While we’re not practicing law or accounting, we can share:
- FINANCIAL INSIGHTS related to taxes, investments, and financial planning specific to your situation.
- DETAILS about the tradeoffs among your own competing priorities, goals, opportunities, and more.
- PERSPECTIVE ON THE IMPACT your choice can have on you and your loved ones.
- INNOVATIVE IDEAS that enable you to pursue your passions.
There’s never a perfect choice or even a right choice; there’s just the right choice for you based on your values, priorities, and wisdom. We’ve been there. Whatever you’re going through, JOYN’s team has worked with clients through similar situations.
- Should I take this new job?
- I don’t want to retire – I love working!
- I hate my career – what should I do?
- I’m worried retirement will bore me to tears.
- I’d like to semi-retire first.
- I’ve been downsized or pushed into retirement – what comes next?
- I’m considering selling my business.
- I’d like to sell, but I don’t think I can.
- I’d like to extract some liquidity without losing control.
- Should I leave my job and go on my own?
- Can I afford to start my own business?
- Is franchising right for me (or my children)?
- I’m getting married or divorced.
- I’ve just lost a parent or spouse.
- Should I pay this exorbitant tuition?
- I need to support a loved one.
- I’m dealing with a significant illness in the family.
- I want to leave a legacy.
Percentage of business owners who sold their businesses later regretted the decision to sell.1
Born after 1955? You’re up to 300% more likely to experience stress-related disorders versus your grandparents.2
Retirees miss their friends: Highly successful professionals approaching retirement cited “work friendships” as their strongest work motivator, beating “financial gain.”3
Give your M.D. a cookie: Doctors in a positive mood show about 300% more intelligence and creativity and make accurate diagnoses 19% faster than peers in a “neutral” mood.4
More than 30 million baby boomers say they would like to make a career change.5
Roughly 33% of retirees have poor adjustment styles, affecting the likelihood that they’ll experience significant shocks, losses and adjustments.6
51% of people ages 55-64 are (or would like to be) semi-retired before retiring full time.7
40% of workers rate their job as “very or extremely stressful.”8
When wealth advisors look and sound the same, how do you choose? A coin flip? Pick your neighbor? Why leave such an important decision to chance? Instead, join us at an upcoming workshop. Hear recent research, discover new insights, and experience JOYN’s transparency and expertise firsthand.