As a JOYN Financial Advisor specializing in retirement planning, I’ve heard a wide range of questions on retirement. Yet, I generally give the same answer:… Read More
Most business owners think there’s one way to generate liquidity from their business – to sell it. However, that’s one of MANY options, and in our experience, it’s often not the best one. We can help you navigate complex variables and choose a path that best fits with your personal and professional goals.
– Marc Lewyn CEO, Strategic Liquidity Services at JOYN
A family business can be a tremendous source of pride and wealth. It can also create challenges you probably know well …
Family business challenges:
- Ongoing conflict over whether to re-invest in the company or pay out dividends to family members
- Other family members are naturally concerned about dilution of their ownership interest if you need outside funding or expertise
- Feelings of entitlement among the next generation (“They feel like they have a birthright to revenue,” one entrepreneur bluntly told us)
More family business challenges:
- High levels of underlying emotion and competition among family members – which often have nothing to do with the business itself!
- Is every family member in the right seat on the bus? And is their presence always in the best interest of the business?
- Limited growth opportunity for non-family members
We can help you navigate a path to liquidity...
…that may work better for all than simply selling or transferring ownership to the next generation as the default option. For example, you – the owner or founder – may be able to generate the money you need to feel secure AND keep the business going strong for your children, employees and future generations.
We’ll Guide You Through Your Options
Whether you want to walk away completely, unlock maximum value, or just free up some time and assets, we can help. We’ve created “Strategic Liquidity Services” to guide you through this complex life decision as a neutral party focused on the big picture. We help you consider your options in the context of what works best for you as the owner. How would you really like to live? Do you want to continue in the business and/or pass it to your children? What do you want and need in your personal life?
Remember, selling your business is only one option; we believe there are multiple ways you can unlock wealth: